Grand Theft Auto V | Hype Thread | Soon To Be Updated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

AAA I'm thinking a 9 here.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#152 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Judging from the screenshots and trailers so far, I'm predicting a 9.5. The game looks like it's going to be huge with tons of activities, like San Andreas. It will be interesting to see how the 360 version cope with this.

GTA 4 is heavily overrated.

GamerwillzPS

Everyone should be more concerned with the PS3 version as R* have already proven they can make open world games run and look great on the 360. GTA IV and RDR on PS3 were noticeably worse than the 360 versions. 360 owners don't have anything to worry other than the possibility of more than one disc with GTA V. PS3 owners have to worry about the possibility of another game with sub HD resolutions, tons of jaggies, and unstable frame rates.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Judging from the screenshots and trailers so far, I'm predicting a 9.5. The game looks like it's going to be huge with tons of activities, like San Andreas. It will be interesting to see how the 360 version cope with this.

Doolz2024

Everyone should be more concerned with the PS3 version as R* have already proven they can make open world games run and look great on the 360. GTA IV and RDR on PS3 were noticeably worse than the 360 versions. 360 owners don't have anything to worry other than the possibility of more than one disc with GTA V. PS3 owners have to worry about the possibility of another game with sub HD resolutions, tons of jaggies, and unstable frame rates.

I know. That's possible since PS3 is a naughty monster for inferior multiplats.

PS3 is a console that people should purchase solely for exclusives. PC is #1 for everything, but if you want a hardware that is 2nd best for multiplats, go for the 360.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#154 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]Why can't they do one focused in parts of Europe? Germany, France, Russia...lots of possibilities right there. Instead they're going back to the same ol scenarios we've seen before.MrJack3690

One thing I like about them doing this is the amazing job re-designing Liberty City in GTA IV vs in GTA III. IV's Liberty City is so different from III's and so much better it's not even funny. So I'm actually pumped they're re-creating Los Santos, and I'd love for them to re-create San Fierro, Las Venturas, and at some point Vice City as well.

They just did such a great job at Liberty City, I think they could do all these locations justice re-imagining them, they might have the same names, but they will be very different. But after a re-do of those cities, I'd agree with you I'd like to see somewhere else.

I agree and I'm certainly stoked this game is doing a proper Los Santos plus surrounding areas, but at the same time I've got to wonder how many times they can reimagine the same locations. For the next GTA after this I say don't do San Fierro, Las Venturas or Vice City. Oh I'm not saying they don't reimagine anything. I'm saying reimagine the one that actually needs and deserves a reimagining. IT'S ALL ABOUT LONDON 1969 BABY! Seriously, the next game should be a proper 3D version of London 1969. It needs to happen.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

So much PC beggers here. Seriously. You really think an AAA developer will waste time and money porting it to a legacy system. Let's start a begging group for PlayStation 2 and Wii while we're at it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#156 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Updated hype calls!
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Calling AAA

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="MrJack3690"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

So much room for activities.

It has a fighter jet, light aircraft, a submarine, moto-x bikes, parachutes that you can jump from a plane, etc.

That sounds like a lot of content.

Hell yeah! I am so pumped for it!

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

The front page needs heavy update, There are so many things you missed, I'll try to cover them up.
81799819.png

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
AAA for me. I think it will get a 9.5, and come a glitch or two short of a 10.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

So much PC beggers here. Seriously. You really think an AAA developer will waste time and money porting it to a legacy system. Let's start a begging group for PlayStation 2 and Wii while we're at it.

Mr_BillGates

Well, the game is already confirmed for two legacy systems, so if we go with the PC also being a legacy system (though that makes no sense), don't see why we shouldn't expect a release... ;)

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Mr_BillGates

Hey, Apple d!ckrider, how do you feel about Apple losing profit and popularity as of recently?

Apple Domination Continuation! :cool:

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts

I'd say AAA is pretty much locked. Would be a megaton day if GS gave it a 10 though :P 2 AAAA GTA's on a single gen? And the sheep get neither of them? :P That would be priceless XDDD (although I'm betting a WiiU port will come out a year or two later..)Desmonic

The sheep, the sheep, the sheep are on fire.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Anyone else feel they really need to smooth out the aiming mechanics? That was one of my main quarrels with GTA 4
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#166 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Looks so awesome.

AAAA

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#167 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V is going to be an epic masterpiece, seriously cannot wait until the day it comes out. The map is enormous, there are multiple protagonists, graphics look insane! Rockstar won't fail our expectations, they're just too damn good.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Still waiting for them to unveil the box cover, it's supposed to be during January so we've got this weekend then 28 through 31st.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#169 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Not trying to be a downer but I'm curious, why are so many people excited for this game after the previous one? I saw tons of people be cautious and almost against Far Cry 3 simply because of the predecessor Far Cry 2 and how that game turned out to be.

GTA IV's probably the most notorious for how it turned out and what a lot of people think of the game. With that in mind, why are people suddenly excited and anticipating GTA V?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Not trying to be a downer but I'm curious, why are so many people excited for this game after the previous one? I saw tons of people be cautious and almost against Far Cry 3 simply because of the predecessor Far Cry 2 and how that game turned out to be.

GTA IV's probably the most notorious for something for how it turned out and what a lot of people think of the game. With that in mind, why are people suddenly excited and anticipating GTA V?

Goyoshi12

I like every GTA ... I don't see what can go wrong with this one.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Mr_BillGates

Every GTA is on PC... maybe not on apple...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

The king of sandbox games is back AAA

I hope I will be able to hold off my purchase untill there is a PC version

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 burgeg

I'd say AAA is pretty much locked. Would be a megaton day if GS gave it a 10 though :P 2 AAAA GTA's on a single gen? And the sheep get neither of them? :P That would be priceless XDDD (although I'm betting a WiiU port will come out a year or two later..)Desmonic
I was one of those people that expected it to be on Wii U a while back. Hell, I expected Nintendo to officially announce a Wii U version at last years E3. But I've recently got a bit of a reality check. I don't think it will get a Wii U port now. A PC port? Of course? a PS4/720 port? Maybe, maybe not. But I just don't see a Wii U port now. It just feels like another typical Nintendo console, where the third parties aren't exactly flocking to it.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

A lot of retailers have GTA5 pinned for March 24th but I hope that's not true and it comes out in May.

I've been waiting for this game since GTA4 but I really don't want this to get in the way of school and vise versa.

Anyways put me down for AAA, B*tch!

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

This game is going to be legendary.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#176 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
AAA.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

GTA IV's probably the most notorious for how it turned out and what a lot of people think of the game. With that in mind, why are people suddenly excited and anticipating GTA V?

Goyoshi12

Simply put due to temporary lazyness, because GTA IV was a 'sequel' to GTA III. GTA V is the 'sequel' to GTA: San Andreas.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#178 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
AAAA!!!! Really excited for this. I've been playing GTA4 in preperation...
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Lucianu

Simply put due to temporary lazyness, because GTA IV was a 'sequel' to GTA III. GTA V is the 'sequel' to GTA: San Andreas.

Too true.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
HYPE AAAA DAY ONE GOTY
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 burgeg

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Lucianu

Surely you're not implying Rockstar got lazy with GTA IV? Now GTA IV had its problems. There's many ways it was inferior to San Andreas and I certainly liked SA more. But never in my wildest dreams would I imply Rockstar got lazy with IV. The game clearly had a lot of effort put in to it, it pushed the series and the genre forward in some ways(and back in others) and the attention to detail was astonishing. It might not have been the game we were expecting, but Rockstar certainly didn't get lazy with IV.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

AAA Just please don't have that wretched radio controlled bi-plane level again....

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Quad A confirmed! If only there is Supply Lines mission again!

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

burgeg

Surely you're not implying Rockstar got lazy with GTA IV? Now GTA IV had its problems. There's many ways it was inferior to San Andreas and I certainly liked SA more. But never in my wildest dreams would I imply Rockstar got lazy with IV. The game clearly had a lot of effort put in to it, it pushed the series and the genre forward in some ways(and back in others) and the attention to detail was astonishing. It might not have been the game we were expecting, but Rockstar certainly didn't get lazy with IV.

Yeah they weren't lazy.

They had to cross the generational threshold without comprimising the quality they were known for.

They are definitely one of the greatest developers out there.

K-E316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 K-E316
Member since 2007 • 1651 Posts

AAAA. Anyone saying they're not getting this game might as well quit gaming forever. How the hell would someone miss out on game of the generation? No man, no man at all.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Cannot contain my excitement for this game.

AAAA

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Rockman999

Yeah they weren't lazy.

They had to cross the generational threshold without comprimising the quality they were known for.

They are definitely one of the greatest developers out there.

yes, but they still compromised a lot of things gta was known for. the world was massive, but not as big as SA and it felt empty. sure the streets seemed alive sorta, but there wasnt as much to do (even if you didnt like all of SA's oddjobs, they didn't subtract from anything). there wasnt anything awsm to see like random car chases with both cops and the people they were chasing exchanging gunfire. no hostile mobs/gangs to be wary of when just driving around, etc planes and silly vechicles were gone and the new driving mechanics werent as fun. the plot of old gta's while not great, was a mix between silly and serious. this kept them out of the total mindless childness of saint's row, but kept them from being boring and uninteresting like IV. LUCKILY, from everything we know about V, the problems and shortcomings of IV are gone. Also, the EFLC expansions were great and show R* is one of the few devs that really respects and takes to heart the input and feedback from their fans.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
AAA
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
Anyone else feel they really need to smooth out the aiming mechanics? That was one of my main quarrels with GTA 4Granny_Spanked
Yea they were terrible. Max Payne 3 and RDR were a lot better though so this should be fine.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#191 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Hmm... What the hell. Put me down for AAAA. This looks better than GTA4 in every imaginable way. Great hype thread, as usual, blab.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

burgeg

Ofcourse not. I meant my own temporary lazyness. I didn't feel like elaborating, so i mearly wrote it short and simple.

As for the game itself.. GTA IV is a great game chock full with detail, it was a feat to behold considering it was still early in the 7th generation, besides, they had to get used to those systems. Choosing GTA III and evolving upon that was the right thing to do, Rockman999 did a good summary.

Now that Rockstar have completely got accustomed to these old systems, they are evolving upon San Andreas.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#193 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Wait, no pc release then?

hyping F- :|

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#194 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

Rocker6

Well, the game is already confirmed for two legacy systems, so if we go with the PC also being a legacy system (though that makes no sense), don't see why we shouldn't expect a release... ;)

BOOM

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

It would appear the game got severely delayed.New release is september :?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

Dear all 

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013. 

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. 

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September we thank you for your support and patience. 

Yours,

The GTA Team 

Rockstar

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

It would appear the game got severely delayed.New release is september :?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

[quote="Rockstar"]

Dear all 

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013. 

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. 

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September we thank you for your support and patience. 

Yours,

The GTA Team 

seanmcloughlin

Sad. But at least they're not sending out in an unfinished state. Hopefully they'll make their new date because the anticipation is killing me.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#197 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Well this game is blowing the f*ck up. Looks awesome. I might actually buy it.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#198 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V is going to be an epic masterpiece, seriously cannot wait until the day it comes out. The map is enormous, there are multiple protagonists, graphics look insane! Rockstar won't fail our expectations, they're just too damn good.

Venom_Raptor

yes everything about GTA V looks amazing.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#199 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
AAAA Since my name isn't on there. If GTA4 can get a 10 here, no reason this can't.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#200 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

This game is sounding amazing. I can't wait to see some footage.

I just hope that anything involving a plane is optional. The controls for planes in the previous games were really bad...